Rice Faculty seeking support for interdisciplinary courses and projects can apply to the Arts Initiatives Fund through the Creative Ventures Portal.
Interdisciplinary Student Performance Series
Rice University students seeking to use the Lois Chiles Studio Theater at the Moody Center for the Arts for student productions can apply through the following process. The Moody welcomes projects that foster interdisciplinary collaboration, engaging students and ideas from diverse disciplines.
The Moody’s Lois Chiles Studio Theater is a black box theater equipped with state-of-the-art A/V capabilities, LED and digital lighting, and digital laser projectors enabling film or immersive scenic imagery. Due to high demand, it is available for student use through this application process. A committee comprised of Moody staff will review submissions. If selected, the project will receive the support of the Moody staff and the use of the theater and technical resources to produce a professional quality production.
Additional funding is not available through the Moody at this time.
To apply, please fill out and submit the following form by October 16, 2017 if you’d like to hold your production during the Fall 2017 semester and February 12, 2018 for the Spring 2018 semester.
All Rice University undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply. Projects should meet the following criteria:
- Projects should involve students from diverse disciplines and/or be trans-disciplinary in concept.
- Projects should be new to the Rice campus, not currently existing in other locations.
- Solo artist projects are not eligible. The production must involve more than one student.
- Projects may be in any of the arts or in a combination of arts; they may be oriented either toward the creation of new art or the presentation of existing art in new ways.
- Projects that bring together diverse areas of the Rice community are encouraged. Examples include: exchanges among students, artists, and scholars in different disciplines or schools; events that provide opportunities for dialogue among students, faculty, and staff; and projects that invite responses from people outside the specialized fields of the presenters.
- Projects may include artists, scholars, or communities from outside of Rice University.
- Selected projects will be for one term only, not for long-term or permanent residencies. Applicants are welcome to reapply in subsequent years, and will be evaluated equally with that group of applicants but are not guaranteed selection.
Fill out the form here: https://moody.rice.edu/webform/lois-chiles-studio-theater-application