Volunteer Greeter Program
Moody volunteers have the opportunity to participate in the life of a vibrant new arts organization and to contribute valuable visitor services to Rice University.
Do you have an appreciation and love for the arts? You could be a perfect fit for our greeter team that creates memorable experiences for everyone that comes to our exhibitions! Our greeters range from all ages and backgrounds and we welcome anyone with a desire to contribute to their community.
To volunteer at the Moody, candidates must make a one-year commitment and be available for two to four shifts each month.
Volunteer Greeters are the first point of contact to all visitors as they warmly welcome them to The Moody Center for the Arts. Their responsibilities include:
- Welcoming the public with a smile, answering questions about Moody’s programming, and directing visitors to various spaces in the building, including exhibition areas, café, and restroom
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of current exhibitions (training will be provided)
- Answering questions about the Rice University campus, offering maps and using the Rice website to assist with information
- Upholding the Moody’s standards for creating a warm and welcoming environment by actively engaging visitors in a friendly manner
- The Moody is open to the public year-round, Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Volunteer shifts are 3.5 hours per day, up to once per week
- Preferably a one-year commitment and be available for two to four shifts each month
How to apply:
- Applications are accepted at all times
- Please fill out the online application