Volunteer Greeter Program
Moody volunteers have the opportunity to participate in the life of a vibrant new arts organization and to contribute valuable visitor services to Rice University.
Qualified candidates should possess a love and appreciation of the arts, a flexible attitude for dealing effectively with the public, and an understanding that reliability is critical.
To volunteer at the Moody, candidates must make a one-year commitment and be available for two to four shifts each month.
Volunteer Greeters act as the first point of contact to visitors as they enter the Moody Center for the Arts. Their responsibilities include:
- Welcoming the public, answering questions about Moody’s programming, and directing visitors to various spaces in the building, including exhibition areas, café and restrooms
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of current exhibitions and programs (training will be provided at the beginning of each semester)
- Answering questions about the Rice University campus, offering maps and using the Rice website to assist with information
- Upholding the Moody’s standards for creating a warm and welcoming environment by actively engaging visitors in a friendly manner
Critical skills required:
- Friendly, welcoming and proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to memorize and convey exhibition details to visitors
- Comfort in interacting with visitors of varying ages and backgrounds
- The Moody is open to the public year-round, Monday through Saturday 10AM-5PM
- Volunteer shifts are 3.5 hours per day, up to once per week
How to apply:
- Applications are accepted at all times
Please fill out the online application